Mindful Thoughts for Surfers
Mindful Thoughts for Surfers explores how meditative a life on the surfboard can be. These 25 insightful musings will inspire beginners and experts alike.
The immediacy of the surfer's surroundings and the interaction with the vast ocean and all of its wonderful wildlife creates the perfect opportunity to practise mindfulness. Sam Bleakley is an international longboard surfing champion and advocate for all forms of waveriding. With an interest in Buddhism and Taoism, he discusses such subjects as:
- Decluttering thoughts and identification
- Embracing imperfection
- The metaphors and parallels of the water with our lives
- The spiritual connection to nature
- Recovering from injury
- Heightened senses and the connection between body and mind
- Blue mindfulness, flow and resilience
Through these subjects he explores how riding the waves is the ultimate meditation and offers an astute awareness of what the oceans tell us about our place in the natural world--if we would just listen. His illuminating meditations, each beautifully illustrated, make this book perfect for dipping into and offer a gentle gateway into life-affirming awareness for everyone.
If you like this you might also be interested in Mindfulness and Surfing . . .
- : Ivy Press, The
- : allen
- : 9781782408956
- : February 2020
- : 0.204117
- : ---length:- '5.315'width:- '4.331'units:- Inches
- : gifts